This just in! VCD is pleased to introduce the performers and artists for the 2010 Vancouver Celebrates Diwali Festival.
- BPM – some of Vancouver’s finest South Asian hip-hop and fusion beats
- Mohamed Assani - straight from the UK, this renowned classical sitarist makes his Vancouver debut
- Bollywood Shenanigans – one of Vancouver’s funniest comedy groups takes on the film genre that they’re named after
- Aarti Pole and Nanako Aramaki – an exciting Kathak & Flamenco dance duet)
- The Pocket Bhangra iPhone Orchestra – has to be seen and heard to be believed, this group will bring the house down with only their iPhones
- Shamik Bilgi and Ajay Kapur – the human beatbox meets the electric sitar in what will surely be an inspired jam
- Lady Garba – a new dance group led by Raakhi Sinha
- Vandna Sidher – classical Bharat Natyam dance by one of Vancouver’s finest
- Eric Hamber Dance – over twenty student dancers show their stuff
- Babukishan Das Baul – this charming musical performer brings his amazing band that’s toured the world to our very stage
- Ta-Ki-Ta – classical Indian music meets jazz meets Celtic rhythms in a unique fusion
- Raakhi Sinha & Gurpreet Sian – two of our favorite artists bring their unique charms to teach bhangra workshops for our audience
- Vidyasagar Vankayala – a VCD regular, Vidya’s 5-piece classical Indian music group will perform extended sets throughout the day
- Raymon Maliwat, Mita Naidu, Uma Sharda and Sundeep Thinda are just some of the visual artists that will dazzle your eyes with their collections
- AND WE’RE NOT EVEN DONE YET! STAY TUNED FOR MORE!